HN4U: Our Journey With Food
This Course Will Cover:
- Nutrition Foundations – Utilize the principle of nutrition, sustainability, and mindfulness.
- Sustainability in Food Choices for Health – Demonstrate how to support client’s prescribed nutrition plan by using sustainable traditional whole foods, including ancient grains, legumes, tubers, sea vegetables, animal protein, fat sources, and seafood. Explores ways to overcome implicit biases associated with diet, cultural foods, and healthy lifestyles.
- Mindfulness in Food Selection and Lifestyle – Examine how acute and chronic food sensitivities and their prevalence affect clients. Describe associated risks, food/ingredient substitutions, and food preparation safety/methods. Explore empowering ways to overcome food insecurities for all ages.
Expanding the Conversation
Our journey will be holistic, encompassing aspects of our lives that affect health from conception to death. What we eat determines how our genes up-regulate or down-regulate genetic predispositions.
- Develop Sustainable Habits of Change – Empower clients/patients in their efforts to modify diet and lifestyle in a sustainable, holistic manner. Explain the principles of locally sustainable agriculture, the economy of home food preparation and preservation, nutrient synergy through food combining and fermentation or cooking.
- Nourish Life Skills – Examine various synergistic traditional food combining approaches, the utilization of traditional herbs, and the daily incorporation of movement and time in nature.
- Take the Battle Out of Meals by exploring the challenges associated with buying quality foods, benefits of bulk buying, and economy food preparation.
- Learn Ways to Empower – Appraise current scientific information pertaining to the health risks and benefits of natural or human-made chemicals and elements: water, heavy metals, naturally occurring environmental irritants, dust, pollens, smoke, and mold.
*Does This Course Qualify for Professional Continuing Education (CE) Credits or Contact Hours?
HN4U OnLine.Ed ~ Our Journey with Food, Course One issues a 25-contact hour Certificate of Completion.
- California Board of Registered Nursing 25 CE – *This continuing nursing education activity was approved by Purple Shoes Wellness, Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 16414 for 25-contact hours.
- National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP) for 10 CEs
- American Naturopathic Certification Board (ANCB)
*We have sought accrediting/licensing bodies most likely to be accepted to aid the professional. Each professional organization assigns contact/credit hour value.
So let’s Begin the Journey of a Lifetime!